Friday, December 01, 2006

Especially for the Kilvert Fans ...


Oh you have to read this ... I TOLD you this guy was a little .... well... strange ...

Remember this Kilvert guy is the local pastor in the village ... and also remember that back in 1875 we wrote and viewed the world quite differently ...

But I still think this is all a little strange ... welcome to Kilvert's World ...

"Saturday June 12
I went to see my dear little lover Mary Tavener, the deaf and half dumb child. When I opened the door of the poor old crazy cottage in the yard the girl uttered a passionate inarticulate cry of joy and running to me she flung her arms round my neck and covered me with kisses. Well. I have lived and I have been loved, and no one can take this from me"

That's it from me with regards to Kilvert ... there is a Kilvert Society if you're interested in joining ... I think I will move on to someone else's published diary next week ... I can't do much more of this one!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't make up whether he's really innocent or...

Pamela J Weatherill said...

...I'm thinking ... "or"!