Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Diaries

I figured that in the lead up to Christmas it would be fun to look at OTHER people's Christmas Day musings in their diary ...

I find it interesting, because one of the days I most often MISS writing in my diary is actually Christmas Day. Boxing Day often starts with a list of pressies tho! There is NO WAY I will blog on Christmas Day. The computer will be off ... well and truly! Will you BLog for Christmas?

Anyway If we are to hear from other diaries - I thought it best to start with our friend Kilvert. And this diary entry also has significance for those of us living down under ... but read it no matter who you are. The last line is not what you would expect from the local parson at Christmas ...

" To-day we heard by a short telegram of the awful calamity of the burning of the emigrant ship Caspartia near the Cape of Good Hope bound for New Zealand. Four hundred and forty persons burnt in hher. One boat reached St Helena with three survivors who had lived on the flsh of their companions"

I'll try to find something more uplifting for tomorrow ...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I blogged TWICE for Christmas, and also wrote in my personal journal.