Friday, July 14, 2006

This Week's Artist's Date ... the slippery creative slope ...



The elusive Artist's Date ... Those of you who have been through Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way or Vein of Gold will be as familiar with Artist's Dates as writing those elusive morning pages.

I did The Artist's Way many years ago now and still have emotional scars from the week you have to give up reading! Apart from that ... I have also taken in to my daily life a love of the Artist's Date and the habit of the morning pages.

The Artist's Date is something I haven't done as a regular part of my life ... until more recently when I went for my sea change.

This week's 'date' is inspired by the many photo blogs on the internet. I love reading the blogs where people share their drawings or photos - especially those from around their local area. So this week it was time for me to actually learn how to use our digital camera after having had it for ages .... And the result is some really ordinary photos of my area ...

And when I look at these beach shots and think that this is the middle of winter ... I think to myself why would anyone live anywhere else? ... (So to my Canadian family reading this ... this is why I call Australia home!).

All these shots are from either City Beach or North Cottesloe Beach Western Australia ... on a sunny winter's day ...not bad for a beginner ...

No comments: