Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Serendipity

I told you a few blogs ago about some synchronicity happening with my writing life at the moment... it is speeding up. It feels scary sometimes. A staff member at work keeps drawing me in to events and conversations she wouldn't even be aware are having a major impact on my writing experiences at the moment ( I will tell her but we are soooooo busy at the moment it isn't funny). Then my reading - I never have a plan for what to read next. It is always just there for me when I need it. Second hand book stores, gifts or loans from friends and family, spontaneous visits to a bookstore or the library and picking up exactly what I need for that moment in time. Then people have started popping out of the woodwork. And then events, and now opportunities. The speed is really hard to cope with - so I am doing my best to at least pretend to be cruising with it all!

"Seredipity. Synchronicity. Speed. "
Then there is my second cousin. She has been around in the background to my life for as long as I remember. We don't live in the same country anymore - and never ever lived in the same town. She is my mum's age so she was more like an Aunty to me I suppose. And to be honest? I don't remember spending all that much time in her company. I may have, but we migrated from my country of birth when I was only eight years old. She just recently lost her sister - and has been in my thoughts regularly. Then my daughter went overseas and had the fantastic opportunity of spending a couple of days travelling around Dayle's home city with her and being shown the sites as Dayle lives them ...

God is the source of my writing. Dayle is the reason I am a writer. She started on me when I was young and no one in my life even knew that I had the drive or knowledge that this was my calling ...

Dayle just wrote to me from literally half way across the world. The letter took a week to reach me. A letter so full of strength and desire. I could read the absolute drive with which she wrote to me in a notebook which was actually bought for another purpose. I could smell the coffee from the coffee shop I am sure she was sitting in. And she gave me some of the most intense material I have ever had to write with. She is one of the amazing gifts of people that have been put in my life again and again and again. And I don't even think she knows it.

I am overwhelmed. And this book is about to take a new turn ...

No comments: