Monday, May 01, 2006

Writing Your Life

I seem to have this habit of writing my life ... and here it is! For today I want to record how it went ...

"Day one as a full time writer."


I started with my three page scribblings called morning pages (read Julia Cameron's The Artists Way for more on this); I went for a walk, observed the world, bought the paper; I interacted with my loved ones as they went off on their own daily adventures; I meditated on a piece from Anne Wilson Schaef's Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much and it spoke closely to what I need right now which is to take each day as a gift - especially the ordinary days; I sat and read the paper with a healthy breakfast; I did ten minutes of intense sorting/cleaning so that I could work in the new home environment we created on the weekend; I did some of the business of being a writer - the background activities people would never romantisise about!; I recieved a call from a dear friend wishing me "all the best for the first day in the new job"; I did some great research and took some really effetive notes; I watched a stimulating interview on TV; now I am blogging; next I will be taking another stroll; and then my writing day ends and I am just Pamela June again ...

A great first day.
The first day of the rest of my freelance career.
Thanks for joining me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new Career and a successful day One.

We all will be looking forward to reading your Blogs on a Daily basis.

Enjoy the Journey!

With all Best Wishes and Love.
Adele