Sunday, April 23, 2006

Smell the Fear and Do It Anyway

I know this is silly. The decision to leave work is made. I finish on Friday. We talked about all the implications of this decision and we are ready to face those.

"But I am feeling frightened."


I know I can write for profit. I know I will get lecturing and other consulting work. I know I will love the life style. I know it will have positive impact on the household and my relationships as well. I think I just need to get on with it. This last week at work is going to be so hard. And being a little scared about my ability to succeed (or otherwise) is a waste of energy.

But it's where I am at.

I am putting everything in to place that I need to in order to be successful.

But smelling the fear is where I am at.

But then I suppose I am like that when it comes to any adventure ...

3 comments:

duwbryd said...

Go And be the writer that you know you are. You know that you can do it. Maybe you already are. Don't be worried about it. Have fun while you are doing it. If you have to go back to work then atleast you had a vacation and you never have to give up on writing. A J.O.B.(just over broke) doesn't have to change that. If it's in your heart that you are a writer, than you are a writer. You already know all this.

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy the week that is coming!
Then relax and enjoy the days ahead. You will be fine and will do well, its your nature!
Adele

Anonymous said...

YipEeeeee! I did it,I did it.Am surprised i worked.

Adele
P.S. What! more Kittens???????///