Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Break In Transmission

Seriously folks. The Easter break in transmission had serious implications. For those of us who work at writing, a break from work is necessary. No matter how addicted, no matter how much we get from the process, no matter what the deadlines. So I did. I took a break. My goodness. No computer, no notebook, no journal. We even went and stayed in a cabin in the forrest!
"And now it's hard to get back in to the swing of things."

So is a break really a good idea? Did I have too much of a break? How long will it take to get back in the swing?

I feel overwhelmed with what I missed out writing about because I didn't use my usual writing tools for five days. I can't imagine how it would feel if you had them taken from you for longer.

Now I'm back I don't quite know where to start.

2 comments:

Pamela J Weatherill said...

It's ok ... calm down ... I am sending you help now ... look out the window ... see the little men in white coats? :-)

(I seriouly know the feeling, which is why I was surprised to react like this after a five day total break from writing)

Maureen said...

Hope you had a nice holiday. I'm from Perth too, good to meet you!