Thursday, March 16, 2006

Is there any point to blogging?

I am having a low week. Just tired and worn out emotionally I think. And what comes to my mind when I finally have some time to blog?
"What is the point of blogging?"

At first I figure it's just me being down ... then I think more closely and it is actually a fair question. And a good question to ask in terms of the research for the book. People ask journal writers all the time "why do you write in a journal". So honestly ... what is the point of blogging? So many people do it. I'm too burnt out right now to care about answering. But it needed to be recorded for someone to answer ...

3 comments:

Pamela J Weatherill said...

*Laughing* I suppose that makes at least two of us!

Pamela J Weatherill said...

Now you see Mr Fabulous ... I keep coming back to ADDICTION! I think we are all addicted :-) But that raises the question... What need in us does blogging serve???? (Apart from our finely tuned egos that is!)

Pamela J Weatherill said...

Glad you came back to share your thoughts ... youa re on to something in that the blog is where we get heard ... even if people post comments that don't agree with us, at least it is an interaciton about some inner thoughts other people in our lives might not be interested in.

I really like the idea that it makes a difference to SOMEONE ... SOMEWHERE ... I thought it was too big headed to think that ... so maybe its just time we did let our egos shine and get on with the job!