Thursday, December 22, 2005

Excited About the Smallest Things!

It doesn't take much to excite me at the best of times ... but even I was surprised at my reaction to getting my first comment for this blog (thank you Elain!). I can see that much addiction comes from the interactive nature of blogging and the opportunity to engage in conversations of interest.

Journals are conversations with oneself (or future self) and blogs are the ultimate conversation both with yourself and with others. And as Elain reminded me - others means other people internationally. The possibilities for opinions is endless.

This experience reminds me of when I first discovered the internet and telneting (as we did back then!) and ultimately email and chat rooms and virtual communities. It feels overwhelming at first, but it also comes with an interconnectedness that is difficult to describe.

Anyway - comments make it feel like the project has started for real. And that's kinda cool.

No comments: