Thursday, May 24, 2007

FreePostcards

Not sure if the phenomenon is anywhere else ... but all the best cafes and movie theatres have free postcards these days. In a rack, with advertising on them SOMEWHERE, but many are really cool and the advertising is no more than a line on the back. For those that have heaps of verbiage on them, they are often still worth picking up for the picture on the front.

These picture postcards are really handy for quick notes to a friend to say thanks .... bloggers are probably amongst the worst when it comes to sending hand written notes, and people love getting things in the "real mail".


I also use them as bookmarks, for covering books and boxes, decorating and just plain note taking ...

Look out for some near you! Of course if you're crafty, hand made ones are really cool too. Here's a great web site where I found this book.

1 comment:

Anji said...

I'm rather pleased to see postcards becoming popular; At the beginning of April I set up a business selling and buying vintage cards on ebay. i've also got another blog where I witeabout some of the postcards I come across. I don't know if you've visited it yet: http://timeandoft.blogspot.com